Our new compact hotend features an efficient heatsink with a stainless steel heat break, allowing for optimal cooling and a smaller heater for faster prints. Warm up times are also significantly faster at 200C under a minute with our brand new heater design.
In addition, we’ve added the ability to switch nozzles with some great new micro nozzle designs coming soon, including a sapphire gem nozzle for abrasive filaments.
See it in action here: instagram.com/deltaprintr
Only 6 left in stock (can be backordered)
- Designed to be light for fast prints.
- Ships pre-assembled.
- Cylindrical heater for optimal and symmetrical heating of material.
- Thermistor mounted directly in the nozzle for more realistic temperature reading of the material as it comes out the hotend.
- Small, compact fan.
- Uses the new Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G thermistor.
- A second thermistor can be added to the nozzle for dual thermistor setup.
- Mounts using 2 x M3 screws (not included) instead of a groove, which is not the most secure method.
If you want to use the hotend for a direct drive rather than a bowden setup, you need to remove the push-fit and insert a small PTFE liner or you can use a spacer. The heatsink has a chamfer under the push-fit to ensure your filament transitions smoothly into the channel if you decide to use it as direct drive.
- Maximum recommended operating temperature: 270 Celsius
- Runs on 12V
- For 1.75mm filament
- Aluminum heatsink
- Stainless steel 303 heat break
- Heater resistance: 3.6 – 4.4 ohms (You need to auto PID tune the heater. For smoothieware firmware this is easy to do with the auto-PID tuning settings)
- 0.4mm brass tip with dual thermistor capabilities
- Thermistor connector: 2-pin 2.5mm JST RCY Female Connector.
- Heater connector: Molex #0436400201 Female connector
Watch the video below to see how well the heat is contained under the heat break for a sharp transition of temperature! Note that the overlap of the hotend and the thermal image is slightly mis-aligned due to the FLIR camera being too close to the hotend (the camera is supposed to be at least a foot away for the two to align).
|Dimensions||3 x 3 x 1 in|